POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mpeg... : Re: Mpeg... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Jul 1999 10:17:36
Message: <377CC9EC.42273833@aol.com>
Cmpeg can do okay so long as you use uncompressed targa (and a 512 by
384 resolution for 640K RAM, any other I don't know; also I believe
resolutions in multiples of 16 is best{?}), it's mostly a matter of
typing in the parameters on the command line right. I use a very
simplistic batch file. The file input is written something like:

 cmpeg -v0 -t1 ipb.ctl image%03d.tga animate.mpg

,less any other options; where image is the frames prefix, %03d is for
zero left-padded 3 digit frame numbers (the "d" is required), and then
the output name. -v1 (minus v zero) is message output off, -t1 (minus t
one) is the frame start number and ipb.ctl is the control file to use
for compression.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe